There is more to owning a boat than time on the river or lake, family trips, or time spent with friends fishing or casually boating for fun. The knowledgeable agents at Spring Grove Insurance want to share 5 unexpected costs when you own a boat that every Spring Grove, IL boat owner needs to know.
- The Boat Itself – Obviously, whatever the boat costs when you decide to purchase it is the first major outlay of money for a boat owner. But, there are more costs involved.
- Docking and Storage Fees – Unless you live on the lake, you will need to have a way to get that boat back and forth. This means a trailer will be necessary. Also, a boating slip or mooring at a marine is an expense you will probably encounter.
- Fuel – Just like owning a car, you’re not going to get far without the fuel that keeps it going. A boat usually requires one to three gallons of fuel per hour.
- Maintenance – Maintaining a boat properly is going to require more than an oil change now and again. You will need to keep the hull, the equipment, any sails or riggings, and the engine in top-notch condition.
- Boat Insurance – To make sure you are covered during an accident or other unthinkable events involving loss or theft with your boat or injury to passengers, any responsible boat owner will secure proper boating insurance before putting the boat in the water.
Before you get too deep into boat ownership, make sure your investment is secure and that you are covered for any potential disaster. The professional helpful people at Spring Grove Insurance in Spring Grove, IL want to help make sure you are covered for all of our boat insurance needs.